Do you have one?
Do you have a plan for this week – on how you are going to go about your job search? Consider the following with regard to the goal of finding a new job:
- Time you need to allocate for personal needs: appointments, etc.
- Review newest job postings
- Research employers named and decide which you are going to pursue
- Start your contact efforts – through sending resumes via ad responses; LinkedIn contacts; networking efforts
- Follow-up on the prior week’s effort
- Go somewhere – IN PERSON, in order to get away from the computer; in order to make new networking contacts; in order to personally develop
- Attend a Job Fair, on June 9th actually!
I’ve got my own plan to attend to. Finalize plans for tomorrow’s Roundtable meeting to start.
- Then, follow-up with exhibitors who’ve committed to participate in the 6/9 Job Fair
- Prospect additional employer/exhibitors
- Source sponsorships
- Draft Press Release
- Reconfirm publications (online and print), social media, etc.
- Begin heavier advertising to the public
- Keep in touch with venue for any updates/changes
- Plan meal break for recruiter/exhibitors
- Order signage
- Update budget for the event
- Pray that we get enough diverse employers to recruiter as well as a well-balanced attendance insofar as level of experiences, credentials, etc. that June 9th is a successful event for everyone who shows up that day.