Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer, selling everything from books to shampoo, and lots of people want to work there. At the world’s largest online retailer, it’ll take more than just cookie-cutter answers to stand out.
How would you answer the questions below? What do you think the employer is trying to gauge with this line of questioning?
- What is the worst mistake you ever made?
- If your direct manager was instructing you to do something you disagreed with, how would you handle it?
- Describe what Human Resources means to you.
- Do you know our CEO? How do you pronounce his/her name?
- Are you willing to work on your feet for 10 hours, 4 days a week?
- Do you think you’ll reach a point where you storm out of work and never return? Or have you?
- Would you tell on a employee for stealing?
- Tell the story of the last time you had to apologize to someone.
- What would you do if you saw someone being unsafe at work
- What is the most difficult situation you have ever faced in your life? How did you handle it?
- Give me an example of a time when you were 75% of the way through a project, and you had to pivot strategy–how were you able to make that into a success story?
- What would you do if you found out that your closest friend at work was stealing?